- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Foods to favor
It is best to opt for a healthy and balanced diet, not focusing on calories, but on the nutritional value of foods. The choice of food is therefore essential, favor organic food or food from responsible agriculture, fresh or frozen, with a minimum of chemicals. The type of cooking is also important: gentle or steam cooking is more suitable, in order to preserve maximum fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Listening to your food sensations, by trying to take the time to eat, allows you to provide the body with the right energy and necessary nutrients. If you feel the need, plan a balanced snack in the morning and/or afternoon (especially while breastfeeding).
It may also be interesting to supplement your diet with vitamins and minerals over a given period.
1. Root vegetables : sweet potato, beetroot, parsnip, carrot, pumpkin, ball celery, etc.
2. Good fats : organic oils, cold pressed from rapeseed, walnuts, flax for seasoning, small fatty fish (sardines, mackerel, anchovies, herring), organic eggs, oilseeds (walnuts, almonds), seeds (hemp, chai, or flax).
3. Animal or vegetable proteins (meat, fish, eggs, legumes, cheese). We also know that 30 to 40% of women have iron deficiencies after childbirth; so don't forget to eat meat regularly.
4. Varied and whole grains and legumes for their supply of fiber, minerals, B group vitamins and complex carbohydrates.
5. Foods rich in magnesium : certain waters (Contrex, Hepar, etc.), cocoa powder, fish, algae, periwinkles, sardines in olive oil, cashew nuts, peanuts not salted foods, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cabbage, lentils, spinach, dried bananas, avocados, wheat germ, whole grains and legumes.
6. Avocado for vitamin E, mango for vitamin C and berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, blackcurrants).
7. Pollen and fresh ginger for their richness in anti-oxidants. Dates, for their very remineralizing effect on the body.
8. Warming spices like nutmeg, garlic, ginger, cloves, fennel and cinnamon.
9. Hydrate well : infusions based on fennel, fenugreek, cumin, chicken or beef broths (rich in collagen and amino acids).
10. Consider probiotics because the intestinal flora is essential for digestive health, the proper functioning of the nervous system and immunity. Do not hesitate to take a course of probiotics during the last trimester of pregnancy and during the first trimester postpartum.
11. Certain adaptogenic plants like MACA can be very interesting during this period.
12. If you are breastfeeding, do not hesitate to add spices such as cumin or fenugreek which give good taste to the milk.
Foods to limit
- Anything cold or cooling : raw vegetables, ice cream, cow's milk products
- Cold drinks as well as stimulants : which can disrupt hormonal balance: alcohol, refined sugars, coffee, chocolate and black tea.
- If you are breastfeeding: all bitter foods like the cabbage family.
Combining all these ingredients can leave you perplexed, so we give you some meal ideas: porridge, vanilla stewed fruits, pot au feu, lentil soup, tagine, lentil dahl, curry, chicken korma, oven-roasted vegetables… You can also call on a nutritionist, like Laëtitia Willerval, who will guide you and adapt in a personalized way to our needs.