Daylily Paris is a brand of clean, sensorial and effective skincare products, made in France and 100% compatible with pregnancy and breastfeeding. We're also committed to sharing information for an enlightened and relaxed maternity. 🧡
- What does pregnancy nausea feel like?
- When does pregnancy nausea start?
- What causes pregnancy nausea?
- How to calm pregnancy nausea naturally?
What does pregnancy nausea feel like?
Is a baby on the way? Congratulations ! Whether you are pregnant with your first child, or have already experienced a pregnancy, the impatience to see your belly rounding remains the same. Pregnancy is a special period in a woman's life, which can sometimes be accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Heartburn, constipation, circulatory problems... few future mothers escape these little ailments.
Nausea is also one of the main discomforts of pregnancy. Often referred to as morning sickness, it can actually occur at any time. In the majority of cases, nausea does not represent any danger, either for the mother-to-be or for the baby. For many mothers-to-be, they take the form of a lack of appetite, or even a distaste for certain foods. For others, they result in great difficulty in eating , especially when nausea is accompanied by vomiting. In a small proportion of cases, nausea and vomiting can prevent eating and can cause weight loss and dehydration. This severe nausea is also known as hyperemesis gravidarum, or hyperemesis gravidarum.
In the event of excessive nausea and vomiting, and excessive weight loss, it may be necessary to speak to your doctor or midwife so as not to endanger the health of the fetus and the baby. better experience this oh-so-important period in the life of a future mother.
When does pregnancy nausea start?
Nausea appears in the first weeks of pregnancy, generally between 4 and 12 weeks of amenorrhea (SA), with a peak around 7 to 9 weeks. This nausea is often a sign that indicates the start of pregnancy.
It is difficult to determine when pregnancy nausea disappears. However, for the majority of women, nausea and vomiting do not extend beyond the first trimester of pregnancy. This nausea and vomiting may continue later in the pregnancy, or in rare cases, until delivery.
What causes pregnancy nausea?
The causes of pregnancy nausea are still poorly understood. Presumably, they would be linked to hormonal changes occurring in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. Fatigue, as well as emotional factors can also be involved.
Although they can affect all expectant mothers, some are more likely to experience them. This is particularly the case for women pregnant with twins, women who have had nausea or vomiting during a previous pregnancy, or even women who suffer from travel sickness or migraines.
How to calm pregnancy nausea naturally?
Many future mothers ask themselves the same question: what to do against pregnancy nausea? Fortunately, the intensity and frequency of nausea can be reduced by adopting simple nutritional and lifestyle measures.
5 tips to calm pregnancy nausea
Some tips can help you feel this particularly unpleasant symptom less:
1. Avoid going on an empty stomach : we know that eating when you are nauseous is hell. Be aware, however, that nausea and vomiting are accentuated by too long a time between meals. This explains why they are most often felt in the morning when you wake up. To feel better and better, it is best to eat smaller portions more often during the day.
2. Limit effort before eating : In the morning, your blood sugar level is generally low. Hypoglycemia promotes nausea, so it is recommended to eat a small sweet snack before starting your morning. It can be fruit or dried fruit. To avoid feeling bad, have breakfast brought to you in bed. A good opportunity to take time for yourself, while being pampered by the future dad. Eat your breakfast slowly and wait about fifteen minutes before getting up. One key word: pleasure!
3. Avoid fatty and sugary foods : foods that are too spicy, fatty or fried can cause vomiting. Foods that are too sweet also tend to make you want to vomit. To feel as good as possible, choose foods that are light and easy to digest. Thyme and lemon balm are known to calm nausea while expecting a baby. Ginger is also a great help when you feel nauseous.
4. Rest : it's a fact, pregnancy is a time when fatigue is felt more than usual. Unfortunately, the more tired you are, the more nauseous you will feel. Take short days of well-deserved rest, and give yourself more time to take care of yourself by pampering yourself with a natural body cream such as Daylily anti-stretch mark cream for mother-to-be.
5. Get some fresh air : To relieve nausea and vomiting, there's nothing better than a breath of fresh air. Avoid exposing yourself to odors that you dislike and regularly ventilate your living space.
To reduce nausea and avoid vomiting, several natural solutions exist.
Nausea Saver reduces their frequency, their intensity and also helps prevent their appearance. This herbal tea was developed with The French Herborist, plant specialist, and Daylily Paris, maternity beauty expert, in order to offer you a safe and effective formula . You can therefore consume it from the first trimester of pregnancy.
Its delicately spicy blend of organic ginger, organic verbena, whole organic cardamom, cocoa and organic orange peels helps you fight nausea naturally. Nausea Saver infusion also helps calm bloating and spasms which are common during pregnancy.
Then, you can turn to homeopathy, without risk for pregnant women. Homeopathy offers several remedies for pregnancy nausea. To know which one is right for you, it is necessary to carefully observe your symptoms and seek advice from a midwife specialized in this type of natural treatment.
Reflexology is also a good way to relieve nausea and vomiting, as well as back pain and swelling during pregnancy. This therapeutic technique, from traditional Chinese medicine, consists of applying pressure on the palms of the hands, feet or face. It is aimed at pregnant women from 3 months of pregnancy.
Certain medications may also be recommended by the doctor. However, be sure to obtain medical advice before starting any drug treatment. It is also possible to consult a nutrition professional to obtain valuable advice on the diet to adopt to limit nausea.
If you are currently in the situation where nausea makes everyday life difficult for you, keep in mind that everything passes. Good luck <3