- Sweating during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- The dangers of conventional deodorant
- Deo Caresse, specially formulated for pregnancy and breastfeeding
Sweating during pregnancy and breastfeeding
If there's one product that's hard to live without, it's deodorant! The feeling of having wet armpits, bad odors and marks under the arms, we agree, are not an option.
During pregnancy, sweating naturally increases. Hormones, weight gain and increased thyroid activity cause body temperature to rise. To regulate it, the sweat glands, which produce sweat, are more active than usual. Don't worry, this phenomenon is completely normal and even necessary to keep your temperature and that of your baby at the right level, but also to eliminate toxins and waste through sweating. The first areas affected are the armpits, feet and pubic area.
After giving birth, many young nursing mothers note that sweating is still profuse, or even intensifies a little more. The culprits are always hormonal changes , which continue to lead the way in the postpartum period. So how can you stay dry without taking risks for your baby's health?
The dangers of conventional deodorant
Small aside: we often speak of deodorant generically to refer to sprays, roll-ons, or sticks found in supermarkets or pharmacies. In reality, there are three types of products:
- Deodorants that mask bad odors, while allowing the skin to breathe. Note that sweat, in itself, smells nothing. It is composed mainly of water (99%), minerals, waste and lactic acid. It is upon contact with bacteria, naturally present on the surface of the skin, that it becomes odorous. The challenge is then to mask these bad odors all day long!
- Antiperspirants, which act on sweating by blocking it , thanks to the presence of aluminum salts. Concretely, these are deposited on the surface of the sweat duct, which they obstruct to limit the flow of sweat.
- And deperspirants, recommended in cases of excessive sweating (what we call hyperhidrosis) by dermatologists.
You know: everything you breathe, eat, apply to your skin can have consequences on your baby in utero. This is why you have probably been advised to adapt your diet, improve your lifestyle or opt for cosmetics with healthy formulas like those from Daylily.
If you are breastfeeding, some restrictions are still in place and you will need to continue to take precautions. The ingredients in your cosmetics, for example, can pass into breast milk. Of course, the quantity is tiny, but it is enough to have consequences on your little one. In an infant, the pollutant/body weight ratio is much higher than in an adult. Its liver and digestive system are immature and do not yet know how to eliminate pollutants, which should therefore be avoided in the choice of your daily care.
When we talk about pollutants, we are talking about endocrine disruptors such as parabens, allergens, carcinogenic or reprotoxic molecules, alcohol, but also ingredients that seem more natural at first glance, which can nevertheless impact baby's health: caffeine, alum stone, essential oils…
Deodorant is a product to be particularly monitored due to its method of application. It is generally applied to fragile, depilated or shaved skin. After hair removal, the epidermis often has micro-cuts (which you do not necessarily see or feel) which become a real gateway for all the harmful substances contained in your deodorant. It's a fact: shaving the armpits promotes the absorption of carcinogenic, allergenic or toxic substances contained in formulas . For your health, for that of your baby, there is only one solution: apply treatments with impeccable ingredients!
How to choose your deodorant, and be sure that it does not contain chemicals? On the shelves or on the web, it is not always easy to find that rare gem. INCI lists (those tiny composition lists on the back of products) are rarely understandable, and statements such as “without aluminum salts” can be misleading and hide ingredients that are just as harmful, or even worse…
Because we should never have to choose between health and effectiveness, Daylily created Déo Caresse, 100% compatible with pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Deo Caresse, specially formulated for pregnancy and breastfeeding
Here, no controversial active ingredients, preservatives or somewhat questionable anti-microbials. You know our cosmetic charter, which has always governed our formulations: no more ingredients not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding at Daylily. Instead, we rely on natural active ingredients, whose safety has been proven – as well as their effectiveness!
This is how our newest one, the Déo Caresse, was born! A vegan, cruelty-free treatment made in France that regulates perspiration without blocking it, soothes the skin (even the most sensitive), without irritating and without leaving white marks on clothes.
Its formula gives pride of place to active ingredients of natural origin. We find there in particular:
- Arrow root, with absorbent and purifying properties. This powder, made from a plant root, advantageously replaces the baking soda in conventional deodorants because it has the same effectiveness, without allergenic or irritating potential.
- Triethyl citrate, which prevents bad odors linked to perspiration. It is an active ingredient particularly well tolerated by fragile skin and an excellent natural alternative to aluminum salts.
- A polysaccharide , which maintains the balance of the skin microbiota and controls body odor thanks to its anti-bacterial action.
- Two organic vegetable oils , Macadamia Nut Oil and Avocado Oil. The first, rich in palmitoleic acid, repairs, protects and nourishes the skin, the second, thanks to its essential fatty acids, preserves delicate skin. Quickly absorbed, they do not leave a greasy or occlusive film under the armpits for maximum comfort. Two oils already widely tested and approved in our care, such as Huile Sensorielle and Baume Onctueux !
- Finally, Mauve Flower Extract , obtained by maceration, takes great care of skin prone to irritation thanks to its softening and emollient properties.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
The format of Déo Caresse, in a 50ml roll-on, makes it a practical treatment, easy to use and transport. And of course, the pleasure of use remains at the heart of our concerns.
Who says natural often means a neutral, unpleasant smell... As with all Daylily treatments, we have focused on sensoriality with a captivating fragrance and, we must admit, totally addictive! Its scent is fresh, floral and sweet with notes of peach at the top which mix with a heart of coconut milk and violet sugar. We find powdery notes in the background, with a hint of caramel and vanilla.
100% of future and young mothers who tested it confirmed that it got rid of bad odors, while restoring comfort to depilated skin.
Good to know: if you are used to classic deodorants or antiperspirants, a short adaptation period (3 to 4 weeks) may be necessary for you to fully appreciate the effectiveness of this natural treatment. Once this transition period has passed, it may well be with you throughout your breastfeeding period, and even beyond in your daily life as a young mother :-)
Don't hesitate to discover the entire Daylily face and body care range to say no to pregnancy masks, cellulite, stretch marks and to keep beautiful skin during and after pregnancy!