- The benefits of sport during pregnancy
- Sport at home during pregnancy: the benefits?
- What sport to practice when you are pregnant?
Maintaining regular physical activity during pregnancy is beneficial for the mother-to-be and the baby in many ways.
- It allows, on the one hand, to revive blood and lymphatic circulation. This slows down during pregnancy and causes the feeling of heavy legs. The blood circulates more slowly and therefore drains toxins and fat cells less well. The result quickly becomes visible on certain areas of your body: cellulite sets in and orange peel skin intensifies, even on slender bodies. Remember to drink well during physical exercise to help with drainage. Drink regularly, even outside of a sporting activity, to hydrate your body throughout the day, until the ninth month of pregnancy.
- You activate your metabolism and burn calories : you thus better control your weight gain.
- You sleep better! An interesting point when we know that the sleep of expectant mothers is often somewhat disrupted by the child's movements and underlying stress. The body is stressed during a sports session, which induces natural fatigue . Physical activity also improves the quality of sleep since it helps relieve stress, alleviate possible anxiety (related to the arrival of the baby) and soothe nervousness. Exercises can help prevent various pregnancy-related ailments: cramps, weight gain, back pain, etc. which can harm the quality of sleep. It is advisable to practice physical activity in the morning; exercising at the end of the day could delay falling asleep.
- Doing sport helps activate transit, which is often sluggish in pregnant women! A not very glamorous problem we grant you, but which can easily be solved by integrating a few sessions into your daily life.
- Sport also allows you to clear your mind and stay calm until birth. Pregnancy is a sometimes stressful time of life, filled with questions. Practicing physical activity relieves stress and releases endorphins, the hormones of happiness. This is a good way to put your worries aside and find peace of mind!
Practicing a sporting activity at home has many advantages: it is an interesting alternative when sports infrastructures (gym, swimming pool, etc.) or group lessons are undermined during the health crisis. Swimming may no longer be an option, but you can take the opportunity to discover a new activity at home, at a lower cost since you will only need a mat, a bottle of water and a comfortable outfit.
Another advantage: you can practice whenever you want, without time constraints, at your own pace , and in a warm place!
And who says sport means increased sweating! Le Déo Caresse will be your ally to regulate it and prevent bad odors. Otherwise, to feel fresh in a few minutes, a quick shower with Les Bulles Lavantes : its fine and silky texture will tenderly envelop your skin in a delicious fragrance with notes of peach and marshmallow.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Be careful, not all physical activities are good for a pregnant woman. Exercise, yes, but without risk, and with the precautions inherent to your condition and the stage of your pregnancy. High-intensity sports and cardio, which strongly stimulate the heart rate, those involving impacts (jumping, excessive stress on tendons and joints, rapid and repeated movements, etc.) or risks of falling should be avoided from the second trimester . So no question of taking up running, boxing or tennis! You will find them again in a few months, after your perineal rehabilitation carried out in due form with a midwife.
Good to know: during these nine months, your body secretes more relaxin, a hormone that softens the ligaments. In fact, you have a greater risk of injury.
The ideal is then to turn to gentle sports, which will allow you to work your muscles gently, while sparing your joints which are often abused by the pounds that accumulate.
In all cases, make sure you have the approval of your gynecologist or doctor , whatever sport you have chosen.
If you have a few sports devices, items or accessories at home, take advantage of them! The treadmill – used in brisk walking mode – the exercise bike, the elliptical bike are good solutions to accompany you until childbirth. Dumbbells will allow you to work your upper body, and the fitness ball (or gym ball) is very practical for gentle muscle strengthening. A well-known accessory to relieve the pain of contractions and speed up labor on D-day ;-)
Pre-natal fitness is on the rise! This is a form of gentle fitness, with exercises specially designed for pregnant women. Here, no abs or movements that stress the stomach area and no jumps. But this prenatal gym works the other parts of the body: buttocks, legs, arms...all the muscles are involved! It has the advantage of being able to be practiced until the end of the pregnancy – the exercises evolve as your figure changes. The web and You Tube channels dedicated to fitness for future mothers are numerous. The videos of Lucile Woodward, a sports coach full of good advice and mother of two children, are often considered a reference in the field.
Pilates is a sport of choice for pregnant women. They will help you maintain a supple and toned body. This method, straight from the United States, is very interesting when you are expecting a child, since it works the perineum (often weakened by the weight of the baby), breathing and helps the fetus to position itself correctly before the big day. It also limits lower back pain.
A perfect activity during pregnancy: yoga ! This practice is good since it involves work on breathing, muscles and the mind. It loosens areas of tension, such as the back or pelvis, helps you breathe better (which will undoubtedly be very useful during childbirth ;-), and makes the body work gently. A yoga session always ends with a time of relaxation and meditation : lying down, you release tension and refocus on yourself.
Regardless of your chosen sport, you should always remain vigilant when exercising at home. Indeed, even when practicing gentle sports, such as yoga or fitness, it is still possible to adopt bad positions, which would harm the body and could even cause injuries. Sport at home is therefore only recommended for women who already have some knowledge in the matter or have already taken a few courses in the presence of a professional.
An ideal accessory for practicing yoga at home: the pregnancy bola ! This pendant, which highlights the pretty shapes of future mothers, emits a delicate tinkling sound with each movement. This relaxing and soothing sound is perceived in utero by the baby from the fourth month, which allows you to create your first bonds with your little one.